The CUNA Lending Council offers scholarships each year to eligible individuals. Each award will be for up to $2500, and can be used toward combined expenses.
Scholarships can be applied to the following programs:
- CUNA Consumer & Residential Mortgage Lending School (April 27-30, 2015)
Applications and supporting documents must be received by February 13, 2015
- CUNA Lending Compliance School (June 14-18, 2015)
Applications and supporting documents must be received by April 3, 2015
- CUNA Certified Financial Counselor School (June 22-25, 2015)
Applications and supporting documents must be received by April 8, 2015
- CUNA Business Lending Certification Institute (July 20-24, 2015)
Applications and supporting documents must be received by May 6, 2015
- CUNA Collections & Bankruptcy School (September 28-October 1, 2015)
Applications and supporting documents must be received by July 15, 2015
- CUNA Lending Council Conference (November 8-11, 2015)
Applications and supporting documents must be received by September 18, 2015
Scholarships will be approved prior to attendance of the school, but reimbursed
after proof of attendance is provided. Scholarship recipients of the CUNA Lending Council Conference must stay at the hotel in which the conference takes place.
To be considered as a potential scholarship recipient, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Credit union must be affiliated with CUNA.
- Credit union must demonstrate a financial need (see "Reasons for Request" on application form for additional information) by their credit union. Typical reasons could include lack of a travel and training budget, lack of earnings, a low capital ratio, or an extreme operational need that requires the credit union to get some help in a particular area. Please be thorough in your explanation - it might make the difference between you and your credit union being approved or declined.
- Full-time employees and volunteers from small credit unions under $75M are eligible. Credit Union of all sizes are eligible provided they can show the credit union has sufficient financial concerns.
- Two scholarships per credit union per year.
- One scholarship per person per year across all CUNA Councils.
- Recipients may receive a scholarship for two consecutive years, but must then wait at least one year before re-applying. Once a recipient has received three scholarships in total, future applications will only be considered once other applicants have been evaluated for the conference/school and are not guaranteed to be approved regardless of financial situation, need, or availability of funds.
How to Enter
The application form must be completed and submitted online. The steps below outline exactly how to enter.
- Register an Account
- Create Your Application
- Upload Digital Files
- Submit Application
LOGIN - to begin entry process
With your completed application form, please include the following information:
- What do you expect to learn from this course?
- How will you apply/implement what you learn at your credit union?
Selection Criteria - A scholarship committee, led by Bill Vogeney of Ent FCU, will select the recipients based on reasons stated on the application form. All decisions are final.
If you have questions about the entry process such as your login credentials, please contact CUNA Councils at 1-800-356-9655, ext. 4047 or email@example.com.